Sunday, March 20, 2016

Running in the Snow. . . in Spring

It's the first day of Spring.

Yay Spring!
Oh, wait. . .

Yay. . .Spring?
That's right--it snowed just in time for my Spring Break, and the forecast isn't looking wonderful for this week.  As soon as I go back to work, it will be sunny and warm.  You're welcome.

Nevertheless, I ran ten miles with Shelby this morning.  We did the old Blue Line loop that I love so much.  We start in Sand Run Park for three miles, follow the Blue Line up Revere Rd. and around Route 18 to Wheaton Rd.  The line continues east towards Akron and then ends with 1 1/2 miles downhill on Merriman and Portage Path.  I love running past the beautiful mansions, including Stan Hywet Hall,  on Merriman Rd., but I can't help wondering who has to clean those houses?

This is my summer home.  Just kidding, it's really Stan Hywet Hall in Akron.
The training is going really well.  I have been sticking to my routine: one day of intervals, one day of tempo run, one long run, one day to run whatever I want, and a minimum of some walking time on the treadmill on Saturdays.  I was exhausted last week, but I think that had more to do with the time change and the week before Spring Break.  I hope to catch up on my sleep this week, although when I look at my to-do list,  I wonder when I'll be sleeping:

1. Get as far ahead as possible in the graduate course I've just started
2. Finish grading
3. Prepare for my daughter's birthday
4. Run MORE!

One last thing: Tomorrow is yoga day.  Wanna see my routine? This is EXACTLY how I look when I yoga:



Yoga for Bboys :D :D :D
Posted by Streetdance-Connection on Tuesday, March 15, 2016



What are your goals this week, Peeps?  We are getting close to the Cleveland Marathon, and the Challenge Series deadline has been extended.  Will you make that one of your goals?  Join me by registering here, and we'll do it together!  Until then, run happy, Peeps!

Like what you read?  Follow me on Twitter @itibrout!

No comments:

Post a Comment