Tuesday, December 17, 2019

There's a Needle for That.

You hate this title, don't you?

Last post, I wrote about my problems with Morton's Neuroma in both feet. Honestly, I have been really freaked about it.  You can read about it here.

Since then, I have been trying to figure out the problem and take care of the situation. Here are some things I have been doing:

1. I have cut back on my running by about 10-15 miles per week. I have been substituting strength training. I plan to put in some swimming soon.

Pretty soon I'll look EXACTLY like this. . . but hopefully with hair.  And, well, not as a man.
2. I have purchased a new pair of trail shoes, and I haven't worn trail shoes as much as I usually do.

Saucony Peregrine Ice.
3. I have continued my visits to the chiropractor.

4.  I now use YogaToes (when my feet aren't too cold).

5. I have had 3 acupuncture treatments so far, and I have another scheduled.





I basically get needles in my feet (soles and tops), my calves, my lower and upper back, my hands, my ear, and my head.  It doesn't sound relaxing, but somehow it is. . .well, after the needles in my feet go in. I can't feel any of the needles going in except for those on the soles of my feet. Even so, I don't feel them once they are in. 

I really like my acupuncturist. She instructs me by explaining how all of it works, and I find Eastern Medicine to be very interesting. I also like the idea that sticking me in different places can help different problems, all at the same time. You got a problem? There is a needle for that.

The marble-like sensation hasn't completely disappeared, but it is definitely dissipating. I have hope, so much hope that I'm thinking ahead to the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon. I haven't registered yet because I can't choose between the Challenge Series or the marathon, but I'm definitely going to be there, and it's going to be amazing! Do you want to join me? Register here and use my code, RUNCLESTEPHANI10 to get 10% off any race, even the Challenge Series!


Clearly, I am excited to run Cleveland!
Wherever you run, I hope you run happy, Peeps!

Like what you read? Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @itibrout!

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I am glad I found your site. I really like what you been explaining! Could be explaining much more about this!

    Greetings,
    Aroniaberry.ca

    ReplyDelete