Monday, February 26, 2018

Getting Back on Track

I have let myself go for TOO LONG. I'm currently 13 pounds heavier than I should be, and I can feel it.

I remember the day I fit into single-digit size pants; I promised myself I would never go back. Well, I can still wear those pants, but they don't fit well. The worst part is I've fallen into the feel guilty--eat to feel better--feel guilty about eating to feel better-trap. How did I let this happen?

Things need to change, Peeps; I need to change.

With this in mind, I've set some goals for myself.

Goal #1: This is the most important goal. I need to go back to logging my calories. I lost the most weight when I logged into My Fitness Pal, and I was able to maintain that weightloss for a long time. Then I got away from it, and I am in a Pit of Despair.

This is EXACTLY how my Pit of Despair looks. Don't go down there.
What kept me from logging my calories for so long was the idea that I knew I was going to go over my limit, so in my head, I said, "Oh well. No need to log those calories. I'm going to screw up anyway." Well, guess what? Now my rule is that I have to log all calories every day, and I'm not going to beat myself up when I go over my limit. This is a small goal, and for now it is enough to recognize honestly what and how often I am eating. No excuses.

Goal #2: Remember that Hunger is my friend. That's right. This was my mantra when I first lost the weight. Don't get me wrong; I do not deprive myself. I allow myself all the calories right up until the set limit. My problem is that I am constantly hungry. I was that way as a kid, too.  Is this some sort of psychological problem? Maybe, but the solution is the same; I need to remember that it is ok to feel hungry. I don't have to feed myself every time my stomach turns into Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors.



Goal #3: Be patient. It took me over a year to regain this weight. I can take that long to lose it again as long as I keep my eyes on the prize.

Lastly,

Goal #4: Be forgiving. I beat myself up more than any other person can. I have high expectations and when I don't meet them, I punish myself. It's time to love and accept myself. Honestly, this will be the  most difficult goal.





Oddly enough, none of these goals directly involve running, but they will have an incredibly positive effect on my running. If I treat my body and my mind with more respect, both will provide better results than what I've been getting.



What are you struggling with? What will it take for you to treat yourself with love and respect? How is running part of the process?


Hey, pssst.  Are you thinking about signing up for the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon, Half Marathon, 10k or Challenge? Have you been following my friends, the Ambassadors, for your chance at a free entry? WHY NOT???? If you aren't crazy about giveaways and you still want to run with me (or waaaayyyy ahead of me, more likely), click here to register for your race(s), and use my code, SICLE10, for a 10% discount!

Pam

Andrew

Jessica
These friends encourage me to be happy with myself while still striving to be a better runner. It's a delicate balance. How's that balance working for you?

Whatever your situation, I hope you run happy, Peeps!

Like what you read? Follow me on Twitter @itibrout!






No comments:

Post a Comment