Saturday, May 20, 2017

This Is the Moment!

This is it, Peeps. This is the moment for which I've been doing 400s at dark o'clock. This is the reason why I have been putting in insane miles on Sundays when everyone else is eating bagels and reading the newspaper.  This is the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon, and I'm running it tomorrow.

I'm not panicking. I'm not. I'm also NOT sitting in the corner in the fetal position, rocking.

The end of the school year timed with tapering has been a bit stressful for me. It was really nice to meet up with my fellow Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon Ambassadors on Friday evening at the VIP Reception after visiting the Expo.

I saw Rachel and Melissa first at the Expo (after I caught Holly on her way out):


We are like Charlie's Angels. . . only more badass.
I also spotted my name on the Ambassador list:

"I'm kind of a big deal." I can't even write that with a straight face.


And I bought a signed copy of Jill's book.
Get your copy and check out the back. You may find a blurb written by someone you know. *cough*



Then I hugged and laughed and took as many selfies as I could with my fellow Ambassadors:

Andrew is so serious now that he wears a tie.

Stephani(e)s squared!

Emily and Jessica

Melissa and I are together again!

The Hyatt Regency. So beautiful

Rachel, Sara, and Melissa

Our traditional group shot.

I missed some Ambassadors, and I hope to get pictures with them tomorrow. . .if I am not hiding under my bed. It was so overwhelming to see everyone, and I got confused about which pictures I took.  I'd like to thank Jack Staph and Ralph Staph for including me in this wonderful experience of blogging for a race I love. I would like to thank Joan Freese, Kayla Henderson, and Mary Sutter for being my guides as a Rite Aid Cleveland Ambassador. Of course, I would like to thank all my fellow Ambassadors, YES, EVEN YOU, ANDREW. You all came into my life at a time where I was certain that I didn't want or need any more friends. I was so wrong.  Most of all, I'd like to thank you, Peeps. It really gets me through the dark times when you tell me that you enjoy my blog or when you comment on any of my posts. Thank you.

Today I spent most of the afternoon working Commencement for Medina High School. This helped me not to fret so much. Then I did some housework and took a looooong nap. I so needed it. Now I'm trying to settle in because this is where the scary head game starts. I've applied my tattoo:


And I've laid out Flat Stephani:

This is the moment, Peeps, the moment where there is no room for self-doubt. I've trained really well; I need to trust the training. I got this; I do.

Will I see you at the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon tomorrow?  I hope so. If you do see me, yell something--ANYTHING--at me, even "Your blog sucks!" I will take it as encouragement.

Until then, run happy, Peeps!

Like what you read? Follow me on Twitter @itibrout!

No comments:

Post a Comment