Monday, April 25, 2016

Short and Sweet

We've got three weeks until the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon, Peeps!  How is your training?

I've had a busy, busy weekend, and with two essays in the bag and one to go for grad school (due by Wednesday--gulp!), I'm gonna make this short and sweet.

1.  Friday I taught for a half day and then spent the afternoon as part of the entourage for Becky Higgins, President of the Ohio Education Association.  I took pictures and tweeted and Facebooked all afternoon.  If I were capable of using my thumbs on my phone, they would have been quite sore.  Luckily, I use my index finger for everything.  That's right: one. character. at. a. time.  What?

2.  Saturday was my daughter's confirmation.  It is the first time in a long time that she wore a dress and makeup instead of a Supernatural hoodie and combat boots.  I hardly recognized her.  PLUS, the heavens didn't rain down fire upon us as she received the bishop's blessing.  Maybe she isn't possessed after all.  hmmm.

3.  Sunday was my son's birthday.  He is nine, and he is still a stinker.  We spoiled him rotten, and in return, he spiked a fever.  Now he's home from school.  sigh.

4.  Sunday morning I ran 12 miles with Shelby.  The weather was gorgeous.  My company was fabulous.  What happens on the long run stays on the long run, but I will share this: my last mile was at a 9:03.  I owe it all to this fabulous woman:

Shelby and I took a selfie in Giant Eagle while looking for protein shakes.  We got a few looks. Of envy.
I've got one more long run next Sunday, and then I'm going to attempt to taper.  Hmmm. . .The taper is something I'm not good at, but I intend to run my best at the 8k on Saturday and the half marathon on Sunday, so recovery is very important.

Will you join me either by registering to run or to volunteer?  Tell me I'll see you there.

Until then, run happy, Peeps!

Like what you read?  Follow me on Twitter @itibrout!

No comments:

Post a Comment