Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Curse You, Hall of Fame City Challenge!

The moment has arrived; the verdict is in.  I will NOT be running the Hall of Fame City Challenge Half Marathon.  For those of you who don't remember the situation over in Canton, here is a recap, and here is a more hopeful recap.  Today I received emails from the organization telling me that the date will now be September 8.  Although I'm sure I don't have any other races going on that day, running a half then will possibly screw up my training for the Akron Half Marathon, and I am not willing to mess with that.

Sigh.  I'm really disappointed that I won't be running this race. The bright side is that I won't be running a bunch of hills in June so soon after running a half in Medina.

I have requested a refund.  I'm sure that won't be a problem.










1 comment:

  1. That's a real bummer, but maybe it's a blessing in disguise...IDK! I hope they refund you but that picture makes me think it's just a pipe dream, lol! Blessings!

    Shannon at I Survived and Now I Run

    ReplyDelete