Monday, February 18, 2019

"Baby, I'm a Star"


This was my second high-mileage week, and I believe I might just be getting stronger. On Saturday, I ran some icy trails with the Trail Sisters. After seven miles I called it quits because I was afraid I would slip and break my dupa. Then on Sunday Marta and I ran sixteen miles on the Towpath and a bit of road (that was a big, freaking hill).  The hill was Marta's idea, and I guess I will thank her because if I end up running Forget the PR, I will need that hill training.

This was a mile ten selfie in the bathroom at Boston Store. The bathroom is heated, and I didn't want to leave it.


I'm running down the big, freakin' hill. It stretches out for about a half mile. Going down was MUCH better than going up.
Photo Credit: Marta Pacur

I finished really strong with my second-fastest mile of that run being my last mile. I was cold, hungry, and numb from the hips down, so my motivation was at its height. I tried not to think about the fact that I would basically have to run double the miles in just two months. Don't think about it, Stephani. Just run the mile you're in. 

The best part of my weekend was the opportunity to be on WKYC's Live at Lakeside on President's Day! At our last Ambassador Meeting, I had told Jack Staph, Executive Race Director, that I need to be on tv, and could he please arrange that as soon as possible?  So, today was the day. Fellow Ambassador Leah Backo and I did a segment for Marathon Monday with Holly Strano and Michael Estime. Leah is a pro at this because she is on the news all the time, but I admit I was nervous.

Michael and Holly prep before the show. Be cool, Stephani; be cool.

Leah and I are ready!

I had a lot of fun talking about the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon, and I think I didn't do too badly.  Judge for yourself!





So, that was my excitement for the week (as well as the forty-two miles I put in). I'm hoping for my next appearance to be on the day of the race.  Whaddya say, Jack Staph?

Here are some reminders about the race:

1. Check out my fellow ambassadors on FB, Twitter, and Instagram. We are all giving away registrations, and you might get lucky!

2.  Follow @Clevemarathon on Instagram and Twitter. The ambassadors are doing takeovers for the Instagram account. It's crazy over there, Peeps!

3. Don't want to take your chances at winning a registration? Use my code, SI2019, for 10% off registration for any race in the series. Choose from the 1 mile fun run, the 5k, 8k, 10k, half marathon, marathon, and series!



I'm steadily climbing toward my twenty miler. How is your training going in this weird weather?

However you run, I hope you run happy, Peeps!

Like what you read? Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @itibrout!

No comments:

Post a Comment