Sunday, June 29, 2014

Still Got It?




I have a secret. . . and it terrifies me.  Do you want to know my secret?  Are you sure?  Ok, but let's just keep this between us.



I think I broke my foot.  No, not THAT foot.  The other one.  I know, right?

I can't pinpoint when this happened like I could that fateful day of the nuts.  All I know is that the top of my left foot has been feeling a bit sore lately.  I really noticed it when I tried walking on my heels during a cool down, but it didn't hurt in my heels; it hurt in the top of my foot.  I massaged it, but it didn't look bruised or swollen, so I didn't worry too much.  

Yesterday I ran eight miles before hopping a flight to Atlanta.  The foot was a bit sore again, but I thought maybe it was overuse as I had run for three days in a row.  Then I got to Atlanta, and I walked all over the place (I'm at a teaching/tech convention) in flip flops (I KNOW!!!  I'M SORRY!), and I looked at the top of my left foot, and sure enough, there is a bump.  And it's tender.  

Dammit.

I'm going to self-diagnose here.  I'm going to say that I have the beginnings of a stress fracture, although I can't comprehend why or how because I haven't really ramped up my mileage.  Was it the two half marathons last month?  I don't know.  I do know that I worked on the recumbent exercise bike today instead of running, and I plan to jog in the pool tomorrow.  I am also not touching the five pairs of really cute sandals I brought to Atlanta with me; today I am wearing the running shoes with my dress. 


NO NO NO


 I have a race on July 4th, and I intend to tear it up.  The race.  Not my foot.





No comments:

Post a Comment