Thursday, June 27, 2013

Singin' in the Rain

Today I ran four miles in the rain.  When I got up this morning, I heard the familiar pitter-patter of the rain falling on the roof, and instead of crawling back into bed (tempting), I dug out my baseball cap and got to it.  No thunder = still gonna run.

This is EXACTLY how I look when I'm running in the rain.  Damn, I'm sexy!


I like running in all kinds of rain, from this morning's drizzle to the torrential downpour I  experienced during the multi-club practice run for the Akron Half Marathon last September.  I especially liked the rain this morning because it was a great relief from the oppressive humidity we've been experiencing in North East Ohio.

This is EXACTLY how I look when I run in the humidity.
It took me a while to figure out that rain doesn't make any difference in whether I run or not.  I run.  After being caught in a few storms, I realized that I was going to be wet, no matter what.  The important thing is to relax into the rain.  Hunching your shoulders will not prevent you from getting wet.  A ball cap helps, but your face is going to get wet, too.

Most importantly, get in touch with your inner child when it rains.  Laugh.  Skip.  Jump.  Dance.  Splash.  It won't make you any wetter than you are.  You are surrounded by water.  Make the most of it.

This is EXACTLY how I look when I discover my inner child.  I'm cute, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment