Thursday, August 8, 2013

Anything to Heal

Today I had my first Reiki session.  The link tells you a bit about Reiki.  I bought a coupon from Groupon to Iuventus Spa in Hudson.  I had never done this before, and I was curious to try it.  What better time than when I have a broken foot and I am already desperate?

The session was much more than a relaxing laying-on-of-hands.  It was very emotional for me.  I did several exercises to unblock some memories and the feelings just came pouring out.  Bring Kleenex if you go.  What I liked about it was that I felt very safe, and I was able to not only express my emotions, but I had specific tasks to do during the session to bring myself safely through the feelings and to a better emotional state at the end.  I feel better, but I think I'm going to need a few more days to process those feelings.

I truly believe that if I find a way to unblock the way I repress the negativity around me, I will stop injuring myself in stupid ways.  Health isn't always just about eating right and exercising; there is a lot of psychological and spiritual stuff that needs to happen, too.

Even though I am in a boot, and I am out of commission for 4-6 weeks, I can't ignore the physical stuff.  I have re-started the 30 day ab challenge (because I value my life, I won't be including the kids this time), and I have started the 30-day pushup challenge, as well as adding some glute and thigh exercises to my morning.  I am going to ask my school's recreation center if I can buy a temporary pass so I can do some swimming or aqua jogging before school.

I am really motivated to heal.  I want to run in the Akron Half Marathon, but I will be cutting it very close.  I realize that I might not have a PR, but I will be happy to run again with my peeps.

Here is a screenshot of the 30-day ab challenge.  Want to join me?
See those abs?  That's EXACTLY like me.















No comments:

Post a Comment