Saturday, October 11, 2014

Party in Columbus for the Columbus Hot Chocolate 5k/15k

It is getting close to the Columbus Hot Chocolate 5k/15k--November 16.  I'm  excited as I keep hearing that more and more of my running peeps will be there.  We will party in C-Town!

Here is the 15k medal for this year:


Isn't it adorable?  You can tell it has the special Ohio touch because there is a buckeye on it.  They even got the candy right!  (On a side note, did you realize that there are people outside Ohio who don't know what buckeye candies are?  Me neither.  How can you live life if you've never eaten a buckeye?)

When I ran the Hot Chocolate 15k in 2012, I loved the course.  It took me through the Short North, part of the campus of The Ohio State University, and some residential areas.  I enjoy looking at the scenery when I run;  the houses were really funky and cool, and the campus was gorgeous.  Here is the course map for this year:



It is impossible for me to understand maps unless they are AAA Triptiks (remember those?), so I don't know where we are going, really.  The important part for me is the CHOCOLATE STATION!!!  Can you believe that there will be chocolate at mile 5?

I would include an elevation map for you, but I understand those even less than conventional maps.

By the way, I am not even good at following maps or directions on my phone!  Yesterday I tried to find a store that I thought was in Cuyahoga Falls, and somehow I ended up in Canal Fulton.  True but pathetic story.  Oh, and when my friend Joy and I tried to find my car after the Akron Half Marathon, we had to walk at least two miles out of our way because I got lost IN MY OWN HOMETOWN.  sigh.

The post-race party that year was so fun.  There was a great band and lots of chocolate, of course.  Here is what you get from the food tent when you finish:

This is a finisher's mug with hot chocolate, chocolate fondue, and dippables.  There are usually bananas, pretzels, crackers, and marshmallows.  It is soooo good!

Are you salivating?  Does a party in Columbus sound good to you?  Join me, Peeps; let's run the Hot Chocolate together!  Click here to register for the Columbus race.  Use my code to get a free hat:  TroubleRunHat.

Like what you read?  Follow me on Twitter @itibrout!

No comments:

Post a Comment