Monday, September 5, 2016

Review: SLS3 Socks

This week  Shelby and I ran with a guest.
Meet Megan!
 My friend and fellow Cleveland Ambassador Melissa texted me on Friday night asking if her friend could run with us this weekend as she was training for her first marathon (like me!) and didn't have her training partner with her due to injury.  I said, "Sure, the more, the merrier!" and she met us at the start of our 16 miler on the Bike and Hike.

Megan is quite a bit younger than Shelby and me, so I was worried that our pace would be frustrating for her, but everything was great.  Megan fit right in to our pace and our groove, and she kept up her part in conversation.  We invited her to run with us anytime, including during the Akron Marathon.

I have been experimenting with different kinds of socks and compression gear lately (as if you hadn't noticed), and these past two weeks I have tried out a pair of SLS3 running socks. SLS3 sent them to me for free in exchange for a review, so I wore them on a short run of four miles, a trail run of ten miles, and my long run of sixteen miles.  Does it tell you anything when I write that after the trail run, I immediately went to Amazon and ordered a six pack of the socks?  I love them.  Here are some reasons why:

1.  The color!  These colors are bright and fun.  I usually wear black socks, and I sometimes feel like someone's grandpa when I wear them.  Check out the picture:

Cute, right?


2.  The fit.  I am a size 10 shoe, and I ordered the small.  Perfect!

Happy foot
3.  The wicking.  I sweat a LOT, and these socks didn't chafe or rub at all.  Plus, they felt light and comfortable on my feet.

4.  The price.  While my trial pair was free, I ordered on Amazon, and guess what? They are on sale!
Click here to check it out.  Major update, Peeps:  Use this code for $5.00 off!!!  DKJIJERK Don't ask why the word Jerk is in the code.  I don't want to think about it, honestly.

I even wore the socks for our family day at Cedar Point this weekend.

Of course you can't see the socks, but this picture is so dang cute I couldn't resist.  Look at the evil kid glaring at us over his shoulder.  Priceless.


These will be the socks I rock in the Akron Marathon in a few weeks.  I hope you have good socks for your upcoming races.  Until then, run happy, Peeps!

Like what you read?  Follow me on Twitter @itibrout!

No comments:

Post a Comment