Friday, January 9, 2015

Run Cleveland

In the last two posts I've shared the evaluation of my 2014 running goals, my 2015 running goals, and my running payday.  Today I'd like to elaborate on one of my running goals for 2015, and so I need a fanfare for this one. . .

Hear ye, hear ye!

This year I will be an ambassador for the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon!  I'm so excited to be a part of a team of talented runners and bloggers.  Here is the list of the other ambassadors; you should follow them on Twitter, like I do.

Official Ambassadors




For me, races aren't just about the actual event on that day.  They are a chance to explore the cities and people involved.  Last year I ran the half marathon in Cleveland, and I really loved the way the neighborhoods came out and partied in support of the race.  You can read my post about it here.  This year the course has changed again, and I'm eager to see what that means.  Yes, I know I can read the map on the webpage, but I still can't picture it in my mind.  Last year's half marathon course was super- interesting and fun, so I'm sure that this year will be, too.


Come on; you know you want a piece of this!


When I talk about the people involved in the event, sure, I mean the other ambassadors, but I also mean the people who go through the training experience with me.  I mean you, Peeps!  When I was training for Cleveland last year, I remember talking to runners and walkers who were just as excited as I was to #runCLE.  This year I know that some of my running friends will be making the leap from the half marathon to the full (Amanda, Cassie, Beth).  I'm so happy for them, and I can't wait to learn from their training experiences as we run together. What about you?  I hope to hear from more of you, through the blog and social media and also on the roads and trails.  Share your training with me--let's party together for this one!  Click here to register for the marathon, half marathon, 10k, or 5k.

Like what you read?  Follow me on Twitter @itibrout

No comments:

Post a Comment