Sunday, August 18, 2013

Aqua Jogging It

Today marks two weeks since I broke my foot.  Click here if you wonder how I did it.  A broken metatarsal is no reason to slack on my training.  Today I am on Day 13 of the 30-Day Ab Challenge (60 sit-ups, 75 crunches, 40 leg raises, 50 seconds plank) and Day 9 of the 30-Day Push-up Challenge (23 push-ups).  I also use an exercise ball to do back, arm, chest, and shoulder strengthening exercises, but I know it's not enough.  If I expect to run the Akron Half Marathon at the end of September, I've got to keep up the endurance.

Enter aqua jogging.   Aqua jogging is perfect for me because I wear a flotation belt when I do it, so my broken foot can't touch the pool bottom.  Check out this demonstration video:


One big disadvantage to aqua jogging is that it is boring as hell.  Luckily for me, my friend Shannon has agreed to do it with me 2-3 times a week.  We tried it out last Friday, and even though I was "running" as quickly as I could, I didn't feel the cardiovascular workout the way I do when I run; however, my legs felt a bit wobbly when I got out of the pool.

I am in week 2 of my broken foot; my appointment is at the end of August.  I'm really hoping the orthopedist will give me the go ahead at that point.

Good thoughts good thoughts good thoughts good thoughts good thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment