Sunday, July 28, 2013

ALWAYS Pack Your Running Gear!

The title of this blog is the moral of the story, so I will repeat it up front:  ALWAYS pack your running gear.  Always.

This week was the family vacation in New York City.  We rented an apartment in Weehawken, New Jersey, which is an awesome town on the other side of the Lincoln Tunnel.  I could go on and on about how fabulous this location is, but I don't want you to find my secret apartment because then I'll never get in as cheaply as we did this year.

Anyway.  Before leaving, I debated about packing my running gear.  Is it worth the extra room in the suitcase?  I knew that I would be walking for miles and miles in the city each day, so I wondered whether I would be motivated enough to get up early and run.  Also, I wasn't familiar with the area where we stayed, so I didn't know if I would be safe running alone or not.  In the end, I decided that I didn't need to pack my running gear.

I am an idiot.

This is part of the running path that is DIRECTLY IN FRONT of my apartment.  On the river.  SMH.


Every day I woke up before my family and looked out at the myriad runners on that path, and every day I cursed myself.  As a result of my stupidity, I haven't run in nine days.  Never again.  I will always make room for my running gear.

Tomorrow I intend to punish myself on the run.  Tempo run, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment